The pre-proposal title page should include the following:
- Title: Title of Research
- Researchers: Name, affiliation and contact information for all researchers
- Statement of Intended Contribution to Practice: This section should include a clear, concise statement of how the proposed research would provide a novel and interesting contribution to practice and what marketing managers might do differently as a result of the research findings.
The pre-proposal main document should follow this format:
- Motivation and Research Question(s): This section should include a statement of the specific research question(s) that will be addressed, why they are important and interesting, and what the researchers expect to learn from answering these questions.
- Brief Description of the Research Design and Methodology: This section should include study design, data sources/collection procedures, experiments to be run (if applicable), modeling techniques to be used (if applicable), and any other relevant details.
- Overall Funding and Support Needs: This section should include a brief description of the budget for the project including specific budget items and amounts (not to exceed $10,000, typical grants will be between $3,000 and $7000).
- Vita(e) of each of the researchers.
Pre-proposals should not exceed 1,200 words excluding vita(e) and title page.
Pre-proposals are encouraged to draw upon diverse theoretical perspectives and methodologies. Studies may be conceptual or empirical; and they may involve combinations of methodological approaches including literature reviews, comparative studies, observational and ethnographic studies, naturalistic, laboratory, or field experiments, econometric models, and so forth. Projects using multiple methodologies are especially welcomed. Researchers are encouraged to identify industry collaborators.
View the digitized customer research initiative here.
View MSI's 2016-2018 Research Priorities here!
Also, if you have questions about submitting to MSI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.